Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

a rope worth holding

LE LOVE BLOG LOVE STORY LOVE STORIES LOVE PHOTOS LOVE ADVICE ROPE WORTH HOLDING FEELING SAFE AGAIN TO TRY
ph: weheartit

You never just had a part of me, you had all of me. I wrapped myself up in your being and it wasn�t surprising when you did the same. Our lives became entwined with a mix of our bests, and our worsts. I�m not scared nor do I feel robbed. I guess I feel a little confused on how something that consuming couldn�t make it to the end.

Here I am now thinking about what lies ahead. To have my string back from our entwined rope, it just doesn�t seem right. I feel vulnerable and not as strong. What I keep forgetting is that it�s not impossible to entwine myself with another. So many people don�t want to change, they want to move on and still be the same person. I�ve felt that way for such a long time. Now I feel like the only answer is leaving that girl behind.

If I was willing to give that much of myself to you at one time I shouldn�t be selfish enough to ask for it back. And I shouldn�t be shallow enough to expect another guy to love your leftovers. I have to create something for him to love that isn�t marked by yours. I don�t need to hate you in the process either. This is all ok to feel but there�s a day when that strand of rope is knotted and then the new piece forms. Different lengths and different strengths, it�s all the same rope. I just need to decide which piece I feel the safest holding when I fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment