Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

two drifters

Untitled
ph: Paula Pire

I never knew I could love someone that much. It wasn�t attraction at first sight, it didn�t develop gradually, it seemed to be in me all along and only know I�ve come to understand the signs. For years you have been sailing near me and all this time no butterflies and no heart beats exploding. Just a warm content feeling when I see you and a notion of being exactly where I�m supposed to be when you smile. The sea can be rough and heavy but as long as I see your sails I know I�m safe.

Over the years I�ve noticed all your flaws: you�re annoyingly stubborn to the point of obstinate, you can be awfully self-righteous and sometimes you�re just plain corny. But you�re also the kindest man on earth, so affectionate and when you laugh you sound like a little boy caught playing a prank. When you�re away, no matter for how long, I know I�m only half of what I can be when I�m with you. I can feel your part missing and the void does not stop throbbing until you�re back.

We have a mutual silent agreement, stirring our courses slowly to the point where we�re finally going to meet. Until then we live our lives a few feet away from each other, testing new waters and sometimes we even loose each other. But the wind always blows our boats back in sight until one day we find common ground and stop drifting.

I love that you�re my best friend and I can�t wait for the time when sailing is over. In the end it�s just going to be you and me.


K

No comments:

Post a Comment