Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

you never came back

it's me
ph: impure hair(raisat shaa)

We met in Paris. So many looks before you finally invited me for a drink. We laughed while listening to music, surround by the city light, red wine and the moon and the stars. I was so nervous, so happy�

Somehow we made it to the Seine we were lining forehead to forehead, you made fun of me because I couldn�t stop sighing, and then you held my hand. We kissed on the riverbank, the moon was shining, Paris was shining, and I was flying.

It was the best year of my life, the Eiffel tower watched us, as we walked through the street hand in hand, endless walks� If we weren�t walking we were tangled between white sheets. The Eiffel tower could still watch us through your window, endless kisses, and movies, and bubble baths�

I always knew it was bound to end, we came from different parts of the world, and at the end of the year we had to take our different ways� But fate got in the way. You had to leave before expected, your father was sick. After our last night together in Paris, I said goodbye to you on the balcony, covered with sheets and tears. You only looked back once.

I followed you to your country, even if I was in a different state. We did the whole long distance relationship thing, and then your Dad died� He died and you changed, and I tried to be there for you, I would have been there for you no matter what. Until we had that stupid fight, and you didn�t call me back. For a day, and then a week. Two month passed. I chose to cry instead of loosing my pride, so I didn�t call you once. Until I couldn�t be strong any longer, I had to know why you left me, I had to now why you disappeared. I called you in tears, and you said you were sorry, you lost someone so important and you couldn�t handle anything else. You said sorry again for months. We talked many times. But I knew, I had lost you, actually, I think you were never mine. Maybe I �never had you.

It�s been 5 years. Our entire relationship only lasted two. We are not in touch anymore. Now you are engaged. I found someone that is nothing like you. I�ve been trying to forget you, but I still remember you every day, every sad song, every romantic movie, I remember Paris every day. And I hate you. I hate you because you never came back for me, you never gave me a last kiss. You never fought for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment